Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndresJC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
Miami
It all started when I updated my phone to iOS 9.3.4. My phone would disconnect from wifi at any given moment. When I would reconnect to my wifi through the settings menu, my phone will freeze and I have to reboot it for it to work, then my phone will reconnect.

This has been occurring for the past week. Now, the problem is worse. My phone will now refuse to connect to my wifi at home, at school, and at any random place where there is free wifi. When it will connect, the phone will work for about a minute before it would disconnect again and freeze my entire phone. What's worse is that now when I lock my phone for a long period of time, it will automatically reboot as if I turned it off. Often times, the phone will get really hot and the battery would drain faster than usual.

I tried EVERYTHING to try to remedy this problem. 1. I went and reset my network settings. 2. I forgot my network and connected again. 3. I restored my phone to my latest backup. 4. I restored my phone completely as new. 5. I turned my phone off and on multiple times. 6. I troubleshooted my phone with an apple employee through the chat on their website.

And my phone still has this problem. I am going to the apple store soon as my last resort to see if the genius bar can fix my problem. It's infuriating. I have never had this bad if a problem with an apple product before, and I own a decent amount of apple products.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Do you know how I can fix this? I just need some help with this crappy issue!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.