Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oleksi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
Hello everybody!

I was using Samsung eco-system (Note 9 + Galaxy Watch + Samsung Health) to compete (steps competitions) with friends and people around the world. But now I've moved to Apple eco-system (iPhone + Watch + Activity App). The problem is I don't know any one who has Apple devices (my family and all my friends has Android devices).

So, is there any way to compete with people around the worlds? For example, with you, dear forum members? Can I add someone to step competitions (in Activity App) or there is no such functionality?

Thanks!

Oleksi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
So if I'll post here my Apple ID (is it safe, by the way?) you could add me to a competition?

Who would like to compete? Usually I make about 10,000 steps per day (sometimes more, sometimes less).

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
10,000 steps per day sounds like my ballpark. What is your main method of exercise?

Oleksi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
Play tennis in summer and just walking (parks, city) in autumn/winter. If the weather is bad I use my treadmill sometimes.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Yeah.. posting Apple ID publicly is not a good idea. You can DM me your iCloud ID so I can share Activities with you, and then will be able to challenge you.

Oleksi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
I’ve sent you my iCloud Id (email)! Thanks!

Would like to compete with more people, anyone, please? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.