Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deathwind1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
I Did Do Anything Different Than I Have Been Doing---Went To Portland (or.) NEVER Ever Took It Out Of The Car--- When I Came Home Went To Use It, Sure Looks Like It Is Fogged To Me---Found Out It Takes 2 Mo. To Fix It IF I Have To Ship It---ANYONE Ever Heard Of This Happening To The D40x??????????????

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Are you sure that it's fogged and not just smudged? Sometimes my viewfinder gets dirty enough that it looks fogged until i wipe it off.

Just a thought.

buffalomike

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2007
buffalo
Rapid changes in temperature can do that just like a pair of glasses fogging when going from cold to warm moist air (was your car a/c on?). It will take a while to "defog" due to the limited ventilation in the camera/lens.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
When going from cold outside to warmth in a building or vehicle, put your camera in a bag, then put that in another bag (like a trash bag) so you'll have a vapor barrier.

deathwind1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
THANKS Every One For The Answers

Yes It Was Fogged After I Put A Light Bulb Next To The Camera It Started To Defog Starting From The Lower Right And After 6 Hrs It Was All Gone---Ritz Told Me They Never Had Ever Seen A View Finder Fog---That Is Why I Was Worried Wondering If It Was Going To Last For Days--Thanks Again Every One---Deathwind1

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
Yes It Was Fogged After I Put A Light Bulb Next To The Camera It Started To Defog Starting From The Lower Right And After 6 Hrs It Was All Gone---Ritz Told Me They Never Had Ever Seen A View Finder Fog---That Is Why I Was Worried Wondering If It Was Going To Last For Days--Thanks Again Every One---Deathwind1

Just a word of general advice:

Do You Have To Type Everything Like This, Because It Makes It Really Hard To Read.

Seriously, you may find you get some bad responses in future threads.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
Just a word of general advice:

Do You Have To Type Everything Like This, Because It Makes It Really Hard To Read.

Seriously, you may find you get some bad responses in future threads.

He also doesn't punctuate either. The only time he used a period was to abbreviate. The missing punctuation is far worse than the capitalization IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.