Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alpha-Sphere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
I was so exited to get an iPad. Watched the different Mac blogs and news sites for the last two months in anticipation of the first event to see which one I should get. First I though I'd get the basic iPad, but with the price bump I might as well go for the air, but wait that's so close to the price of the pro....
The first apple event came and I was convinced for a few days that I would get the Air but after finding great deals on Amazon i went for an 12,9" iPad Pro with 256GB of storage. Man was I excited when it came in! what a great piece of high end hardware. I started loading my apps on it and set up some works stuff but as the first day passed I felt things we're just not right. Some of the important apps I use on a daily were not that great compared to the desktop version and i just felt a general inability do do things. After two days it was clear, this is not for me. I didn't pick up the iPad because the experience is just not that great. Maybe it's just me. I've been a mac user since the days of the coloured iBooks and I just mis the power of a real mac. The pro's of the things that an iPad can do just does not outweigh the cons. I'm so disappointed as the hardware is so nice! That screen is beautiful it's ridiculous and faceID won me over in no time. Getting to the desktop is lightnight fast. I guess I'll just wait a few more year before I try this again and hope that Apple doesn't cripple the iPad and unleash it already. Being able to run MacOS on the iPad Pro hardware would be amazing and deal a blow to all it's competitors. One can only dream....
In the mean time I have a new found appreciation for my Macbook Pro and am very happy with all I can do with it.

Maybe, just maybe a regular iPad with just 64GB for the kids. Not sure yet....

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I been a Mac OS user since my iMac from 2007 21”. I also have been a iPad user since iPad 3. The iPad OS takes some getting use to and you will not do it in a few days. It takes a few extra steps sometimes or different steps. I am very use to it now and appreciate the difference. It has gotten much better over the years, and to me it keeps getting better every update with iPad iOS. Like dukebound85 said, get the tools that work for you.

Reactions: bondr006

Six0Four

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2020
I hear you and I somewhat agree but there is no way you will get used to an iPad in 2 days after coming from years of MacOS. You have to give it more time than that.

Reactions: bondr006
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.