Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadianMerengue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
I first got AirPods when the 2nd generation first came out. I was so excited when I got them, they were everything I ever wished for. Perfect for soccer game warmups, for a quick listen, or when I’m on the train on the way to work.

Now the problem was that they would be loose in my ear, more in the left than my right ear, not to the point of falling out but loose. It was so frustrating and driving me crazy that every 15 seconds I had to readjust them in order to listen to the music properly. After 2 weeks I gave up and returned them as I would not be able to enjoy them.

Recently for some reason I stumbled upon a “hack” online that says if you put 2 little pieces of waterproof tápenos each AirPods, it drastically improves the fit for people who find it loose while being discreet and fitting in the case.

Anyone who is or has been in my position have any advice or tips or recommendations?

Appreciate it a lot!

Reactions: jpn

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
I had the same problem as you, I was just about to return them as well, but I gave this a try: AMAZON LINK and I'm able to wear them all day long with no problem at all, they are cheap enough just to give it a shot, only down side is that you have to remove them in order to put the AirPod in the charging case.

Reactions: CanadianMerengue

CanadianMerengue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
I had the same problem as you, I was just about to return them as well, but I gave this a try: AMAZON LINK and I'm able to wear them all day long with no problem at all, they are cheap enough just to give it a shot, only down side is that you have to remove them in order to put the AirPod in the charging case.

Oh yeah I saw those but I’m not a fan of the wing tips (if that’s what they are called), you happen to try any other methods? Appreciate the reply btw.

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
I tried the runners tape and I didn't have much luck with them, maybe I didn't get them right where I needed them, but that is when I gave these a try as a last chance before returning my AirPods, they worked for me.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
hi
i have the same problem. and have also reviewed the solutions.
but still havent found one that i really like.
apple did come out with Power Beats Pro totally wireless. which work for me.
but a lot pricier and bigger than AirPods.
would love to see apple come out with silicone tipped AirPods that come in different sizes like its wired cousin.
i think apple will eventually sell this kind but it needs to milk the Beats brand more until it is able to recover a bit more than the Billions it paid for the Beats brand.

CanadianMerengue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019
I tried the runners tape and I didn't have much luck with them, maybe I didn't get them right where I needed them, but that is when I gave these a try as a last chance before returning my AirPods, they worked for me.

Oh ok, I’ll give the waterproof tape a try and see if I get any luck, if not I’ll just return the AirPods, just really don’t want to mess with the design, I’m just a bit specific like that haha
[doublepost=1568500375][/doublepost]
hi
i have the same problem. and have also reviewed the solutions.
but still havent found one that i really like.
apple did come out with Power Beats Pro totally wireless. which work for me.
but a lot pricier and bigger than AirPods.
would love to see apple come out with silicone tipped AirPods that come in different sizes like its wired cousin.
i think apple will eventually sell this kind but it needs to milk the Beats brand more until it is able to recover a bit more than the Billions it paid for the Beats brand.

Which solutions did you try and if you could give me a quick review that would be great! Appreciate it!

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
these are silicon mini ear muffs.
it was the perfect solution for me.
i dont know if they are available in the USA or other countries.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/case-DamonLight-airpods用イヤーピースシリコーン製イヤホンカバー-落ち防止[交換品]4個入り-White/dp/B07DCPNSLK/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&keywords={Fit+in+the+case}+DamonLight+airpods用イヤーピースシリコーン製イヤホンカバー+落ち防止[交換品]4個入り+(White)&qid=1568501874&s=gateway&sr=8-1

A1BiPDiLYtL._SL1500_.jpg

91u6FzJrRjL._SL1500_.jpg

91WNeAUTKpL._SL1500_.jpg

CanadianMerengue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2019

Oh sick, thanks for the photos! I think I’m gonna buy some of those of amazon, and some of that waterproof tape some people have tried and give them a try on some AirPods, if it doesn’t work for me I might just have to throw in the towel and return the AirPods.

missbing

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2015
Do those make the AirPods more comfortable? I just purchased my first pair today and they are not that comfortable and kind of hurts in my ear. I love the look of them and really wanted to like them, but if they keep feeling like this I’m going to have to return.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.