Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonoboon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015

As I know if first gen battery capacity lower then 80% , we can pay for battery replacement just a few buck.
Many customer get higher version of Apple Watch after battery replacement ,
I'm curious what happen to Apple Watch Edition all models, gold - ceramic , Any clue ?
If Apple use precious metal to next apple watch it'd be fine.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

As I know if first gen battery capacity lower then 80% , we can pay for battery replacement just a few buck.
Many customer get higher version of Apple Watch after battery replacement ,
I'm curious what happen to Apple Watch Edition all models, gold - ceramic , Any clue ?
If Apple use precious metal to next apple watch it'd be fine.

If you need the battery replaced in the original Apple Watch you own, then they wouldn’t replace it with the same Apple Watch model, they simply just switch out the battery. As for what happens to the other models like the 18 karat gold Edition, Apple likely has a set of reserve watches aside for replacements, or they tried to repair the original Apple Watch the best they can, especially with the 18 karat gold.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
Good question. 1) If you just replace the battery, then there is no issue and you get the exact same watch back, just with a new battery in it. 2) If something happens which requires your watch to be completely replaced that is where the type might come into play, and I'm not sure what would happen in that case.

tonoboon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
If you need the battery replaced in the original Apple Watch you own, then they wouldn’t replace it with the same Apple Watch model, they simply just switch out the battery. As for what happens to the other models like the 18 karat gold Edition, Apple likely has a set of reserve watches aside for replacements, or they tried to repair the original Apple Watch the best they can, especially with the 18 karat gold.

As I know , no one get repair battery , they get new watches.. Am I correct ?
[doublepost=1558864447][/doublepost]
What’s your question?

what happen when Apple Watch Edition go for battery replacement ?
because other model get higher version of the watch..

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
As I know , no one get repair battery , they get new watches.. Am I correct ?
[doublepost=1558864447][/doublepost]

what happen when Apple Watch Edition go for battery replacement ?
because other model get higher version of the watch..
No. You get the same watch back from the service center. Just with a new battery.

If the main circuit board requires replacement, then Apple potentially could send you a newer model if they don’t have the proper parts.

Now, what happens if Apple determines a solid gold original watch needs to be completely replaced? Good question.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
As I know , no one get repair battery , they get new watches.. Am I correct?..

Incorrect. Even when Apple issues replacement Apple Watches for watches that are not repairable, they’re _not_ new, they are refurbished. They might look like new, but they have been used before.

Apple Watch that is in need a battery replacement, receive the exact same watch back in return.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.