Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eli P.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2016
Hi! I am building a setup with my macbook pro and i need help to figure out how to connect my laptop to a monitor. So basically i have a henge dock in which i put it when i want to use it as a desktop, and i would like to be able to connect it to the monitor (including usb signal) with one cable.I initially was thinking about getting a monitor that supports thunderbolt but it would be very expensive and i don't have that kind of money. I also saw a youtube video of a guy doing it but he had a 12" macbook and he was using a usb c cable on a monitor that supported it (not so expesive), is there maybe a thunderbolt to usb c port dongle? how can i do it otherwise?

protoxx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2013
New MBP w/ usb-c ?
What inputs does the monitor have? HDMI, Displayport, mini Displayport, DVI, vga ?
Lots of adapter cables. Apple, Amazon, Cables to Go, many others.

Eli P.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2016
New MBP w/ usb-c ?
What inputs does the monitor have? HDMI, Displayport, mini Displayport, DVI, vga ?
Lots of adapter cables. Apple, Amazon, Cables to Go, many others.
thank you so much and sorry for wasting your time but i actually did some research and found some decent displayport-compatible monitors for a good price thank you again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.