Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClodMachine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2017
I'm about to get a iPhone X and I need to find a case for my new phone. I'm looking for a case than is very protective (I have a Defender Series Otterbox for my current 6s, and that is around the level of protection I'm looking for) but also thin, also I want big enough port holes to fit into my dock (Dock site), also around $10-75.I've looked around and at first thought about a speck case with a screen protector, but after asking the r/Apple Discord, I've been told that might not be a good choice. Then, I thought about a UAG case but those aren't around me and I might also have to get a screen protector. Right now I'm just looking for a case. If you are sending a case to me, please put case name and/or link so I can find it. Thank you

jlczl

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I'm about to get a iPhone X and I need to find a case for my new phone. I'm looking for a case than is very protective (I have a Defender Series Otterbox for my current 6s, and that is around the level of protection I'm looking for) but also thin, also I want big enough port holes to fit into my dock (Dock site), also around $10-75.I've looked around and at first thought about a speck case with a screen protector, but after asking the r/Apple Discord, I've been told that might not be a good choice. Then, I thought about a UAG case but those aren't around me and I might also have to get a screen protector. Right now I'm just looking for a case. If you are sending a case to me, please put case name and/or link so I can find it. Thank you
Check out my YT video (channel: TECH-FIGHTER). Seems it’s right up your alley for what you’re looking for.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
How about a bumper case that case survive a 20ft drop? Look no further! =)

23507190_144615592931264_4237338185031483392_n-jpg.738168

[doublepost=1512089097][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1512089198][/doublepost]If you are not considering a bumper case, an Otterbox Symmetry would be good choice. A slimmer protective case from a proven brand.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I have the Speck presidio grip and the OtterBox Defender. Both are excellent and I have to admit, the defender is far better than I thought it would be.

Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I never had an OtterBox Defender before. I got one when it went up for $20 on Amazon for a day. I loved it so much I got in a dark teal color with a beige contrasting part. I know that’s not the colors official name but I can’t recall what the actual name is.

Defenders don’t come with built in screen protectors anymore so I got an iCarez True Glass Pro. I also got an Anker glass back protector. I had been using a film one that never stuck properly. The Anker is okay but really unnecessary with this case. I will probably take the Anker off.

I installed all of this just an hour ago so I’m not able to say how it’s going to work out having two glass protectors inside of an OtterBox. By some miracle it all fit.

I can say the iCarez True Glass Pro is nice. It covers the entire display except for a slot cut out for the top speaker and mic, and goes all the way to the edges but so far isn’t pulling loose at the corners.

The first one I installed had bubbles and dust as soon as I peeled the film off but the second was perfect. It’s a two-pack and cost $7.95. It’s smooth and responsive.

Before this I had a cheap glass protector with a notch cut into it. It also had gaps and didn’t meet the sides of the OtterBox. It was the standard case friendly design. But crumbs and dust were accumulating between the edges of the glass and the OtterBox.

I can’t give you links because things are crazy with Amazon right now and the same exact product will appear more than once with different prices. So just go into their app or their site and enter “OtterBox Defender” and “iCarez True Glass Pro Screen Protection Kit”.

The iCarez set is full screen and comes with a black frame around it. It’s tricky to align but I’ve done a lot of these now and had no problem. The picture on the box shows one for an iPhone 7 but the labels and contents were correct.

Reactions: AE14

Sheldonsmith

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I’ve been having good luck with Element Cases. Currently I am using the Formula case. It’s a bit pricey but it’s looks to do the job well.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I never had an OtterBox Defender before. I got one when it went up for $20 on Amazon for a day. I loved it so much I got in a dark teal color.

Defenders don’t come with built in screen protectors anymore so I got an iCarez True Glass Pro

It covers the entire display except for a slot cut out for the top speaker and mic, and goes all the way to the edges but so far isn’t pulling loose at the corners.

The first one I installed had bubbles and dust as soon as I peeled the film off but the second was perfect. It’s a two-pack and cost .

Before this I had a cheap glass protector with a notch cut into it. It also had gaps and didn’t meet the sides of the OtterBox. It was the standard case friendly design. But crumbs and dust were accumulating between the edges of the glass and the OtterBox.

I can’t give you links because things are crazy with Amazon right now and the same exact product will appear more than once with different prices. So just go into their app or their site and enter “OtterBox Defender” and “iCarez True Glass Pro Screen Protection Kit”. It is full screen and comes with a black frame around it. It’s tricky to align but I’ve done a lot of these now and had no problem. The picture on the box shows one for an iPhone 7 but the labels and contents were correct.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I use the apple installed belkin invisiglass. No issues with any case thus far and a seamless installation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.