Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garrod

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 13, 2008
UK
I'm running El Capitan and was messing around with the screen saver settings earlier. I can't remember which version of OS X it was but there used to be a selection with the following names:
Abstract

Beach

Cosmos

Nature

Nature Patterns

Paper Shadow

In particular, I'm after the Nature selection. I know I used to have them on this Mac after transferring everything from my last Mac but a few OS X updates later they seem to have gone. Can anyone help? I've tried installing OS Lion (and updates) in VMware Fusion but can't find them in there.

Any help would be appreciated - even if someone could upload the collection somewhere would be a help thanks!

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
Three possible locations for screensavers:

/System/Library/Screen Savers
/Library/Screen Savers
~/Library/Screen Savers (where ~ is your home folder)

Garrod

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 13, 2008
UK
Hi,

I found the "Nature" folder in a Snow Leopard HD, at : HD/Library/Desktop Pictures.

HERE <----

Thanks for that - it's got some of the images I was after but I might have been mistaken in the name it seems; the images I particularly wanted also had a couple or three of some woodlands. I'm at a complete loss; VMware or Parallels won't let me install Snow Leopard / Leopard / Tiger for me to search for myself!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.