Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canaran

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Hello,

I have iphone 5s,

it was getting out of storage, so I deleted some pictures and videos and wanted to restart it. So I turned it off and when I turn it back on, the greeting screen with "Hello-Hi-Hola..." is coming.

I couldn't activate it via Wi-Fi or iTunes or via cellular.
I took an appointment from the Genius Bar. The guy over there said that there is no way to access the phone because their strategy is not to access any customers personal data.

I'm stuck here and the worst part is; I haven't backed up the phone for 2 or 3 years :(:(

Help me please.

Btw, I can see my lock-screen photo, so the data is in the phone but I can't access. Is there a way to jailbreak the phone in this condition.

Thank you in advance.

I attached a photo.

IMG_8142.JPG

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
It says no SIM card. Why did you remove the SIM? Also why can't you just enter your password on the lock screen to get into it?

This does seem mighty suspicious.

canaran

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
It says no SIM card. Why did you remove the SIM? Also why can't you just enter your password on the lock screen to get into it?

This does seem mighty suspicious.

My sim card is on my new phone now. I tried it with bunch of diffirent sim cards but it didn't worked.

When I enter my password this screen comes:

IMG_8145.JPG

When i enter my wifi passcode it says wrong, but it's not.

IMG_8146.JPG

When I connect it to itunes, it says unknown error or something similar. I couldn't remember the error code.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Well,not that i want to be some sheriff or so,but this is suspicious. Looks like its blacklisted,so i Guess youre not giving us the full information. Have you tried to activate it with your original SIM card? iPhones get blocked by Apple if anyone tries to activate with a different sim withouth FIRST reset the phone to new and deactivate "find my phone". This is clearly written on Apple support homepage.

canaran

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Well,not that i want to be some sheriff or so,but this is suspicious. Looks like its blacklisted,so i Guess youre not giving us the full information. Have you tried to activate it with your original SIM card? iPhones get blocked by Apple if anyone tries to activate with a different sim withouth FIRST reset the phone to new and deactivate "find my phone". This is clearly written on Apple support homepage.

Dear sir,

The phone belongs to me, i am saying that i went to genius bar and i got in touch with Apple Support from their website chat.

I tried it with its original sim card, but it didn't work.

--

Can anyone give me any advice that is going to work?

Thank you.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Just type in the wifi password properly. The error you're getting is very clear; you're not typing in the password correctly. If, for some reason, you can't remember it then reset the password (assuming it's your wifi).

canaran

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Dear sir,

The phone belongs to me, i am saying that i went to genius bar and i got in touch with Apple Support from their website chat.

I tried it with its original sim card, but it didn't work.

--

Can anyone give me any advice that is going to work?

Thank you.
Just type in the wifi password properly. The error you're getting is very clear; you're not typing in the password correctly. If, for some reason, you can't remember it then reset the password (assuming it's your wifi).

The password is correct and the wifi is mine.

The situation is strange, also the guys in genius bar told that it's strange situation. I'm looking for a way to enter the phone's data.

This is my problem.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Try typing the password into the "name" field (just so you can see what you type) to make sure any punctuation characters are coming up correctly with the default keyboard.

If you choose to select another network, it should allow you to type in a name (in case of hidden SSIDs).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.