Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookairlol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2017
Hi,
the other day i was just watching a movie on my mac when i accidentally spilled water on my keyboard (top right power button) it immediately turned off by itself which made me very worried so i flipped it upside down and got some water out. i then wiped it with tissue and blow dried it on the cool setting and finally i let it air dry. It seemed to work fine this morning when i turned it on but just a few minutes ago when i turned it on it only stayed alive for about 30 seconds and turned off again. i dont know whats wrong ? my data is there and my keyboard works fine. i am going to the apple store tomorrow to give it a check.

Beachguy

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2011
Florida, USA
What's wrong? You spilled water on it. Then you proceeded to do several things which were ill-advised. Blow dryinh- even n a cool setting- can create static electricity. The tissue could have created lint which will not help.

I am unsure how long you let it sit to dry out, but that really should have been done for a minimum of 48 hours, with the bottom off to help circulation, but no air blowing on it. The reality is, the damage has already likely been done. Give it more drying time, and cross your fingers for good luck, but the Air will likely need to visit a repair site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.