Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghostshrimp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
Yesterday I updated my iPad Pro. As soon as it turned on, a magnifying box in the corner of my screen was visible. I looked up what this problem was online and everything I read said that it’s the magnifying box. People said to turn off magnify in the accessibility section of settings so I looked but everything was off. None of my magnify settings or zoom settings were on. It won’t go away and it’s inhibiting what I can normally do pretty extremely.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yesterday I updated my iPad Pro. As soon as it turned on, a magnifying box in the corner of my screen was visible. I looked up what this problem was online and everything I read said that it’s the magnifying box. People said to turn off magnify in the accessibility section of settings so I looked but everything was off. None of my magnify settings or zoom settings were on. It won’t go away and it’s inhibiting what I can normally do pretty extremely.
Have you tried restarting the device?

Also, you can try double or triple tapping on the screen with multiple (I believe either two or three) fingers to see if that changes anything or brings up any options.

ghostshrimp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
Have you tried restarting the device?

Also, you can try double or triple tapping on the screen with multiple (I believe either two or three) fingers to see if that changes anything or brings up any options.
Yeah I tried triple tapping and it worked for a few hours. After I turned it off and turned it on again the box came back.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah I tried triple tapping and it worked for a few hours. After I turned it off and turned it on again the box came back.
Have you checked that your accessibility shortcut is disabled as well (unless you use that)? And perhaps any other accessibility settings like voice over (again, unless you perhaps make use of them)?

ghostshrimp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
Have you checked that your accessibility shortcut is disabled as well (unless you use that)? And perhaps any other accessibility settings like voice over (again, unless you perhaps make use of them)?
Yeah update..the box randomly went away lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.