Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
i really like the UI of iPhoto but the editing power of Aperture is also great too.
is there any easy way of maybe editing on Aperture, then sending those final edits to iPhoto?

or if u guys have any other suggestions...
or would it be best to just stick with Aperture all the way and leave iPhoto empty?
thanks!!

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
In iPhoto, there is an option to reference Aperture pictures. Go to File and choose to open Aperture Library. You will then need to change your preferences (Advanced tab) not to copy images to iPhoto. You can then have all your pictures in iPhoto, but each will only take up about 4KB, as it is actually stored in the Aperture library. Hope this helps.

Jan 30, 2006
Tho what Lovesong said works, I really recommend using only Aperture. It is so MUCH better than iPhoto in every single aspect.

The organization flexibility and the higher control you have on how to manage metadata en Aperture makes it excellent to organize all of your photos. iPhoto lacks this.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Tho what Lovesong said works, I really recommend using only Aperture. It is so MUCH better than iPhoto in every single aspect.

The organization flexibility and the higher control you have on how to manage metadata en Aperture makes it excellent to organize all of your photos. iPhoto lacks this.

Agreed. The organization power you have in Aperture is sooo much better than iPhoto. Key wording etc. in Aperture feels almost like a natural process whereas in iPhoto it feels like an extra "feature". That, for me, makes me think the "UI" of Aperture is better than iPhoto.

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
hrm thanks for the help

i have a nother question though
will aperture still have the same integrated advantage as iPhoto (ie. browing files, Front row, etc...?)

Jan 30, 2006
What do you mean with browsing files?

As for Front Row, no, photos in Aperture won't show up in Front Row. But you can always go to iPhoto and import all photos from Aperture (or a select group) for them to be available in Front Row.

In the iLife and iWork application, if you have previews checked on in Aperture, you can access your whole library from the apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.