Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DD88

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
After purchasing my Macbook pro I was scared of 2 things. Have I ordered the right colour? ( silver vs space grey) and I chose silver…..and that damn notch!
Now watching YouTube videos of probably every Macbook released the last few years or so to influence my decision I noticed a lot of reviewers claimed the notch was a real dealbreaker in purchasing the machine and distracted people from doing work and was a hassle as it was always in your peripheral vision. I have to say that when I first opened my Macbook during setup, I had a huge notch staring at me and almost winking at me like it was going to ruin my life. After an hour or so, it disappeared. Not magically of course, but I just didn’t care about it enough being there to the point it was just not noticeable at all. I don’t know where some of these reviewers get their ideas from, but when they say things like ”you can’t type on this machine, because your eyes are always drawn to the notch” …it makes me wonder if they are deliberately paid by competitor manufacturers to just trash talk it for no reason. The notch is not a work of art by any stretch, but the overall machine is beautiful. I’d equate the MacBook Pro as being Cindy Crawford and the notch being the mole.
I think the whole notch things is overblown and I’m happy that my concerns have gone, I wouldn’t return it anyways even if it was as bad as some people make out. I can understand that the notch may be an issue on phones however, but for Macbooks its all gravy.

The only issue I have with my Pro is that the trackpad is developing fingerprints and since I’m not willing to buy an Apple cloth for £19 should I return the machine for a new one ? 😎😉😉🤣

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
The only issue I have with my Pro is that the trackpad is developing fingerprints and since I’m not willing to buy an Apple cloth for £19 should I return the machine for a new one ? 😎😉😉🤣

Fingerprints are a fact of life unless we have laptops made of wood 😂

The Apple Polishing Cloth is for the desktop studio and xdr displays. You don’t need it for anything else, but it is an awesome cloth that was left to us by the aliens visiting Area 51 and then it leaked.

1659304004480.jpeg

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
Shocker: I listened to random strangers on the internet and my opinion differs from theirs!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.