Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
I’m not seeing any usage for iCloud Drive, either in the number of apps syncing to it, or the storage space used by it. However, all my apps that use iCloud Drive are working just fine.

Anyone know how to fix it?

It’s also showing 0 usage on my iPad.

Mac seems to work fine and gives me the appropriate information.

Running iOS 18.0 on a 16PM

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpeg
    IMG_0144.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0143.jpeg
    IMG_0143.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I'd guess it's a bug. If everything is working, I wouldn't bother fiddling with it until at least iOS 18.1 - see if it sorts itself with that update.

GuruGuy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2024
I’m not seeing any usage for iCloud Drive, either in the number of apps syncing to it, or the storage space used by it. However, all my apps that use iCloud Drive are working just fine.

Anyone know how to fix it?

It’s also showing 0 usage on my iPad.

Mac seems to work fine and gives me the appropriate information.

Running iOS 18.0 on a 16PM
Synced to iCloud -See All
Are apps and things toggled on

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
Synced to iCloud -See All
Are apps and things toggled on
Everything seems to actually “work”, I.e. pages will save to and loan from iCloud Drive. But the settings screen thinks there’s nothing in the drive.

The see all has everything turned on.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.png
    IMG_0150.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
Looks like this is an iCloud issue. I contacted Apple and they said there was an issue with iCloud Drive which they attempted to fix. Still isn't resolved, but it got escalated up to try to resolve the error.

Arycs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2024
I'm facing a similar issue and this time, I'm not able to sync my goodnotes PDFs back

Someone please try to find a fix my exams r coming up

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
For me everything looks normal in 18.1 Beta 5. But last week I had reappearing deleted files on my Mac-Desktop from a few days ago and everything had to be downloaded again, the whole 6GB Documents folder for example. Also over 100 videos had to be re-downloaded and maybe all photos too before I recognized it. Who knows what else happened in the folders... And if also old photos came back. All is set to be kept offline.

Edit: Sorry if someone read this while I was editing it about 100 times. My concentration is very bad at the moment. Also English is not my native language.

Last edited:

Arycs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2024
Is there any way I could get the files from goodnotes though? It's kind of urgent

Attachments

• IMG_0001.png
    IMG_0001.png
    419.7 KB · Views: 8

GuruGuy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2024
Is there any way I could get the files from goodnotes though? It's kind of urgent
Not sure but you could try the web version of iCloud and check the folders in the drive. If you have advance data protection on you’ll need to allow access

Arycs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2024
Looks like this is an iCloud issue. I contacted Apple and they said there was an issue with iCloud Drive which they attempted to fix. Still isn't resolved, but it got escalated up to try to resolve the error.
but on the apple icloud issues testing website thingy it shows that icloud is alright and good

GuruGuy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2024
Noticed this
Maybe it'll clear up today with the ios update (hope it's today).
If it didn't sync to the cloud, I don't understand why the files aren't still local on the device and in the good notes application.
There is one other place you can look, the files app on the ipad. See what's in there.

Arycs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2024
Maybe it'll clear up today with the ios update (hope it's today).
If it didn't sync to the cloud, I don't understand why the files aren't still local on the device and in the good notes application.
There is one other place you can look, the files app on the ipad. See what's in there.
Yeah about that, i reset my ipad. Wrong timing but i do once in a few months to keep it idk “feeling new“ but yeah wish the update comes before the weekend

GuruGuy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2024
Yeah about that, i reset my ipad. Wrong timing but i do once in a few months to keep it idk “feeling new“ but yeah wish the update comes before the weekend
Do you have a backup before the restore? You may have to restore from a backup to get those notes back

Arycs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2024
Nope i had tried something before reseting to increase my icloud storage so i deleted my backup, ah good timing

GuruGuy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2024
Any update?
I think you're gonna be SOL. Once the issue is resolved, you don't have anything to backup.
You looked in iCloud online and there aren't any files so I don't think those are gonna be showing on the phone once that's up.
You don't have any on device cause you wiped it and restored, without a backup.
Sounds like you are starting from zero on this one.
Hope I'm wrong...

Arycs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2024
I think you're gonna be SOL. Once the issue is resolved, you don't have anything to backup.
You looked in iCloud online and there aren't any files so I don't think those are gonna be showing on the phone once that's up.
You don't have any on device cause you wiped it and restored, without a backup.
Sounds like you are starting from zero on this one.
Hope I'm wrong...
Im not starting from 0, i do have this ready the issue is only the syncing part

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpeg
    IMG_0008.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 8

GuruGuy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2024
After you restored the device, did you make sure that in the goodnotes application, the gear in the top right corner, that cloud and backup and use icloud is on. If it's off, turning it on may make it pull down the files.
I'm running out of guesses...

Arycs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2024
After you restored the device, did you make sure that in the goodnotes application, the gear in the top right corner, that cloud and backup and use icloud is on. If it's off, turning it on may make it pull down the files.
I'm running out of guesses...
Yeah and it says sync error problem with servers or smthin like that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.