Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ision_Industries

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2021
I have been dealing with this issue for a few months now and I am still confused about what the exact cause is. Ill try to explain it the best I can. I use Affinity Designer on my iPad daily and I create a lot of projects throughout the week and I rely heavily on the file thumbnail images to find projects as my file naming system is disorganized. But a few months ago when I updated the Affinity app, it changed the file thumbnail image from the artwork contents to the default Affinity Designer logo as you can see in the screenshot image. This screenshot is a few months old but the problem is still persisting. I spoke with Affinity support and they stated that the file thumbnails need time to load, but it has been months and they still haven't "loaded". But they also stated that this issue is not related to the Affinity app itself rather iPadOS.
IMG_0493.PNG

Here are some troubleshooting tests I did to fix the issue:
  • Unsync and resync iCloud
  • Delete and reinstall files app
  • Delete and reinstall Affinity Designer
  • Factory reset iPad
I should note that only saving my project files via iPad causes this issue. If I open the same project files on desktop and save them, then I am able to see the correct file thumbnail image in iCloud. But if I open that exact document on my iPad and save it again it reverts the file thumbnail to the default Affinity Designer logo. I am really stuck on what to do next. Do I have to create an entirely new Apple ID and move everything from my current Apple ID to the new one? I can't figure out if iPadOS is causing this issue or if iCloud is, your help would be greatly appreciated. *My iPadOS is the current version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.