Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
Hi there,I need some advice.
I have 1 iCloud account for myself
(iMac, iPad, iPhone)

With 2 additional family members attached to it.
(2 x iPhones)

My wife uses a separate iCloud account.
(Not linked to any of our accounts)
(Macbook, iPhone X)

In the past month, we have been having huge issues with iCloud.
I can sit next to her on the home wifi and try to FaceTime call her, and it rings on my end but not on hers.
And vice versa. We also have this issue at times on separate mobile phone data.

When we try and track our kids with "find my friends" apps, or even each other.
A lot of the time, the data doesn't refresh. And it can go on for hours without a refresh.
And so for instance, if I am trying to track one of our kids, I physically have to ring his phone from a landline to knock the phone, as to get it to show up - and even then it often goes back "online" it often goes back into sleep mode, shortly after.

I have also tested all the devices next to me, and had the same sporadic issues.
Showing that its not a setting or a stray kid or partner turning it on or off.

And so we have ascertained that it doesn't matter if we are on the same home wifi network, or a 3rd party mobile phone operator.

And since this effects so many iCloud related apps, across many different devices, different versions of iOS 11 and different data operators.
We have come to the conclusion this is a iCloud issue, rather than a device, account or data provider.

And because this has been prominent for a good 3+ weeks, and iCloud status page says its all working ok.
I am wondering if this could be a regional issue based on my location ? (Sweden)

Does anyone know how I would go about reporting this issue?
As we use these apps to both communicate within our family and to track our kids.
Even iMessage is getting huge delays and send failures, no matter which account, which data source or device.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.