Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2017
I have it set to never remove deleted messages (ie those in bin) but it seems to be deleting stuff after about a month.

Why is that?

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Are you also using iCloud email on a Mac using the Mac email client? The settings in Mac Mail could be different than your iPhone settings for mail.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2017
Are you also using iCloud email on a Mac using the Mac email client? The settings in Mac Mail could be different than your iPhone settings for mail.

I use Mail exclusively on iPhone.

ThrowerGB

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
Read the fine print about the deletion and archiving preferences in various apps. Some store the "deleted" messages on your own system, which you pay for, and the ones who store the deletions on central servers have to worry about how to pay for the equipment. That can do that by charging you for it or by ensuring you never use more than a specified amount of their storage.
The prime directive of any business is to survive!

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2017
Read the fine print about the deletion and archiving preferences in various apps. Some store the "deleted" messages on your own system, which you pay for, and the ones who store the deletions on central servers have to worry about how to pay for the equipment. That can do that by charging you for it or by ensuring you never use more than a specified amount of their storage.
The prime directive of any business is to survive!

I'm not sure how that helps me, but thank you for your reply.

Reactions: arc of the universe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.