Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slagathor001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
I've been on Music pretty much since it came out, but I've always had iCloud Music Library turned off.

The reason I've had it turned off was because I've read online (I guess this was in 2015 so hopefully its changed by now) that if I had iCloud Music Library on, it was possible that the music in my library could be deleted OR it could be switched with wrong files.

^ By wrong files I mean for live music. I have a LOT of live music on my iTunes and just a LOT of already downloaded music in general.

I'm scared that by merging with iCloud Music Library I'll mess up some files. FOR EXAMPLE, lets say I play a live track from Zappa, I heard that after merging with iCloud Music Library, iTunes may play a different live version of it, or it may just play the studio version (instead of the actual version I have downloaded). Is this true?

Thanks for the help everyone!

Last edited:

slagathor001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Is there any way to back up my playlists? I'm mostly scared that maybe somehow I'll lose my playlists, or lose some songs that were in them, and now know which ones they were...

Thanks!

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Is there any way to back up my playlists? I'm mostly scared that maybe somehow I'll lose my playlists, or lose some songs that were in them, and now know which ones they were...

Thanks!
If you follow the linked instructions, absolutely everything from songs to playlists to play counts will be backed up. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.