Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmelrose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Orlando, FL
I'm having an issue with iCloud library talking to my iOS devices.

I don't know when things changed, but I am running 10.0.2 on my iPhone and 10.1 beta on my iPad.

My Mac is running Sierra.

I have had my photos on iCloud Photo Library for 6+ months. When I first started to use it, I remember my iTunes sync with my devices, on the "Photos" pane, it said I have no options to select because my photos were being synced via iCloud. Great.

Now, however, I have the option to sync with my Mac, and I can sync albums, the whole library, etc.

If I choose to do so, it puts an iCloud copy on the iOS device AND an "From My Mac" copy of the same album.

My iPad is only syncing an odd assortment of my albums. i have 9000+ photos in the library, my phone is pretty close to accurate (based on my Mac's photo library) the iPad is nowhere near that.

So far I have: turned off (and back on) iCloud photo sync on the phone, the iPad, and looked at the iCloud website to confirm what is in the cloud. The website seems to match my library.

So the two issue I have seem to be:
1. The iTunes sync pane for "Photos" isn't doing the behavior I expected.
2. The iCloud photo library is not being consistently synced with my devices.

Anyone have any advice? I'm going to cross-post this in a few places that might offer some help. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.