Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sherman25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2018
I performed an restore of my calendars about 10 days ago which resulted in the deletion of all my calendars and all my events. I have been working with Apple Support. They had me do another restore that failed. They then did a restore from a previous day which also failed due to being timed out. Now engineers are looking into it but it has been days. I don't see my calendars ever in "maintenance mode" and nothing seems to be happening. Apple support is unfortunately proving to be of limited help. We are going on day 10. Looking to this forum for advice and help. Here is the deal....

I have a number of calendars that sync with icloud and thus all my devices. For the sake of this thread lets call them Calendars 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. About 10 days ago, I deleted Calendar 5. I then realized I wanted to undo this, signed into icloud and performed a restore from earlier in the day. After about 3 hours, I lost my wireless and things got hung up. I went to sleep, woke up and realized that all of my calendars were gone and that I was left with one calendar entitled "Calendar", that was empty. That is, when I did the restore to get back Calendar 5l I, Icloud delated all 5 calendars along with the events. As mentioned above, subsequent restores have failed 2x. Oddly, after the failures I get an email that says "Your calendars and reminders could not be restored", then about 10 minutes later, on both occasions, that email has been followed up with another email that says "Calendars and reminders restore complete". Now Apple Support is saying something may be wrong with my account. Other apps in icloud such as photos and notes are performing normal.

Any ideas as to what may be going on or what I can do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.