Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I got a msg today that iCloud storage is almost full.
1. What are my options if I do not want to upgrade the iCloud storage to 50gb?
2. How do I remove my files from iCloud?
3. How can I stop iCloud to backup my files?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I had no idea that iCloud backup was turned on by default and apparently it has backed up photos and video footage! What is the main reason one would use iCloud to backup for what files? Apps perhaps?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I had no idea that iCloud backup was turned on by default and apparently it has backed up photos and video footage! What is the main reason one would use iCloud to backup for what files? Apps perhaps?
You use a backup to restore to a new device or it your current device is being restored.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
You use a backup to restore to a new device or it your current device is being restored.
Oh I see, so I mainly need the apps to be backed up by iCloud (i could leave photos and videos out... correct?

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Oh I see, so I mainly need the apps to be backed up by iCloud (i could leave photos and videos out... correct?
It's up to you, depending on what you want to have restored from a backup if you use it (if you want photos and videos restored or if you don't really care about those as you might be copying them over to your computer or another cloud service and thus don't need them to be in the backup).

Reactions: zoran
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.