Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atefsh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2020
Hi MacRumors,

I've using 2 TB iCloud storage for quite a while, and I planning to downgrade it to the Free plan (the 5 gb not enough plan). However, I bought a NAS with storage that exceeded 2 TB storage apple offer, and I want to backup every single file from the iCloud storage to the NAS.
I'm looking for a solution here (please don't give me the "It doesn't work that way").

I tried to download every file and move it to the NAS, but some files is very large on my computer storage (128 gb :\)

any input appreciated.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Hi MacRumors,

I've using 2 TB iCloud storage for quite a while, and I planning to downgrade it to the Free plan (the 5 gb not enough plan). However, I bought a NAS with storage that exceeded 2 TB storage apple offer, and I want to backup every single file from the iCloud storage to the NAS.
I'm looking for a solution here (please don't give me the "It doesn't work that way").

I tried to download every file and move it to the NAS, but some files is very large on my computer storage (128 gb :\)

any input appreciated.

These are the official instructions from Apple:

atefsh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2020
And the error was...?
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 3.12.09 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.