Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShizumiAoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Australia
Hello everyone, I get a message saying my iCloud storage was full so I removed everthing from the drive + Photos but after a couple of days it says its still full, even tho nothing is showing up on my Mac, iPad or the iCloud site.

A11838DB-B51E-4485-9D7D-F720E31CB178.jpeg

9C2963FD-D5AA-460A-B86B-8A580A5644D6.png

7A452E12-5745-4ACF-AC00-D4CA1F90FEAE.png

Dose anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you for your time,
Andrew.

ShizumiAoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Australia
UPDATE 1:

Contacted Apple, they ran a repair on my drive followed by turning the drive on and off fixed most of the issue but left 30gb (even tho the drive was empty on both mine and Apple’s end)

We came to the conclution that the 30gb that where still showing up was some of the left over files I had in the drive but removed and some some reason they where stuck in the system saying they were still there.

There currently having a technician look into the issue to see why the system was saying these files were still there and will be getting a follow up call from Apple sometime today.

If anyone is having this issue and there is nothing in your drive (along with showing nothing cross all your devices and iCloud.come) Then call up Apple and get them to do a repair on your drive (and turn off and on the drive)

Also if anyone else has had this issue, where they running one of the new betas at the time?

Last edited:

Philly-GUI-Dude

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
I have had this problem for over 2 weeks and have spoken to a total of 8 Apple Support technicians with no resolutions to my problem. 4 calls, all escalated to the senior tech, so 8 different techs with no results.

Here are my details:

I have the 2TB plan, using 1.5 TB for iCloud Photos. I was not using any betas. I forgot I had turned on Desktop / iCloud Drive - so over time, I copied over over 646 GB of files, along with Family Share with about 180 GB.

So I went over my limit - but did not know I had. I only received a notification of it when I was not able to email my boss. I received an auto reply email from Apple saying I was over - and was totally locked out - of my primary email account to EVERYTHING! My banks, medical and personal email - I was not happy about that! I called a few minutes later to try to solve this.

I am very good at figuring out stuff, so I tried to solve this - by turning off iCloud Drive, deleting all my contents - moving them to my external, and to DropBox, everything I could do. The changes of a BLANK iCloud Drive were visible on iCloud.com, and in "Recently Deleted", after MULTIPLE attempts, I was able to removed all items. BUT iCloud still said I have 646 GB of contents that I could not see anyplace listed under "Other Documents".

I checked ALL my systems, MacOS, iPad OS and on my iOS devices - same iCloud status.

Well I am expecting a call today - but nothing yet - I was supposed to receive a call back last week - and didn't receive it so I called again and was assigned a new Senior Tech, so hopefully she can help me resolve this issue.

So this issue is affecting my entire family. I have had to delete EVERY backup, all iCloud Drive data, I still do not have access to my email - and Apple seems to have no simple method to clear this up - the one solution was to potentially delete my entire account - remove all family members and start fresh - I sure hope it does;t have to end that way!

This has been the worst experience ever! All started when iOS 13 was about to be released.

Anyone with any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

ShizumiAoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Australia

@Philly-GUI-Dude When calling up Apple did you ask for a repair on the drive (on there end) Once I removed all data from the drive (and deleted it from the trash) they did a repair on the drive and removed the “full drive” error message tho this did not fix the issue and I’m still working it out this did help.

Along with the drive is full error message, I removed files from the drive it self (other docluments) along with Photos data and any other infomation within the manage story window.

Tho there were things like Mail (apples one) that I could not seem to remove all data from for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.