Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klimos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Excuse me if that has been answered already, just point me to the right thread, as my search did not lead to any useful results.

I started to use iCloud Drive to synchronise Desktop & Documents folders. Is there a way to separate them? I'm happy to have backup of my Documents in the cloud, but syncing Desktop is useless for me. I've been always using it as a Temp folder to e.g. copy a movie I want to watch, download photos from my camera and keep them there for a moment while I'm sorting them or store some documents that I know I will not need them in a few days.

If I keep it this way my iCloud will quickly fill up with unnecessary rubbish and I won't have place for other things I need, like Photos from my iPhone.

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
Yes it's really annoying. I always download directly to the Desktop to not forget the files. I just turned it off an created my own Documents Folder on the iCloud Drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.