Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
Long story short,

my phone and my Photo libraries seem not being in sync, when I take a photo with my iPhone I don't find it into Photo.

If I go onto my iCloud settings I can see Photo library taking up 23.5GB which I guess being what the iPhone uploads onto iCloud but the last ones I have onto Photo are from 6 months ago.

Photo app is set to import my photo stream and to share iCloud ones, on the iPhone I have iCloud photos enabled.

Issue seems the MacOS Photo app not to download the pics from iCloud.

Any idea how to sync Photo with iCloud? I wanna make sure they are in sync so that I can easily delete off the computer as to free space off on un needed or unwanted pics.

Thank you

Giovanni

p.s. I just checked onto iCloud and there seems to be all the photos I have on the iPhone, how do I make so they also appear onto Photo on my Macs (there's more than one...)

Last edited:

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I did, now the devices I use should all be in sync but it's strange how all photos were already on iCloud (I mean by opening Photo on iCloud.com not on the computer's app) and, still, when I started to sync my main computer I run off of space on iCloud nonetheless a few months of pics were missing from the computer whilst they already were onto iCloud

winmaciek

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2014
Poland/Ireland
Some stuff may be still downloading to your computer. Can you check download/upload status on all devices? On iOS you can do it at the bottom of “Photos” tab in Photos, on Mac, if my memory serves me right, in Photos application settings.
If you haven’t had iCloud Photo Library turned on on a computer for a few months it may take a while for everything to be in place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.