Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
As you might know, I've recently released beta 1 of the Leopard Market at leopardmarket.eu5.org. I have gotten a few suggestions for beta 2 and I've started to make the update. So far, not much has changed at all. Just new buttons and a customizable toolbar (so you can put in different categories). Are there any other suggestions for beta 2?

Reactions: tevion5

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2016
Very cool - a one stop shop :) Does it offer Tiger software too or would I have to upgrade my quicksilver to Leopard in order to benefit?

hartleymartin

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Instead of "Leopard Market" why not expand it to cover both Tiger and Leopard? Quite a few PPC Mac users still use Tiger to retain backwards compatibility with OS9 software.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
At the moment, this is Leopard only. However, I am working on a Tiger Market which will be the same as the Leopard Market but with Tiger software. It will be done by the end of 2016.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Beta 2 is just about ready for release. I was working on a great new website for it but that's going to have to wait for another time. Are there any last-minute suggestions?

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Beta 2 is just about ready for release. I was working on a great new website for it but that's going to have to wait for another time. Are there any last-minute suggestions?

Is there any kind of cool "My Mac" feature that could give the specs of your mac displayed in a nice clean info graphic, something like as seen in modern versions of OSX? Would be sweet to show a little cartoon of your system beside a list of all your specs, that maybe you could click to elarn more about each specific aspect etc.

I just love specs, apps like MacTracker etc.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Is there any kind of cool "My Mac" feature that could give the specs of your mac displayed in a nice clean info graphic, something like as seen in modern versions of OSX? Would be sweet to show a little cartoon of your system beside a list of all your specs, that maybe you could click to elarn more about each specific aspect etc.

I just love specs, apps like MacTracker etc.
Because of the way the Leopard Market works, that wouldn't be easy. The Leopard Market is pretty much a little web browser. Everything you see in the main window is a webpage (for example, the "Featured" page is a webpage). When you browse the internet, not all details about your computer are given to the other end. So, the Leopard Market would not be able to figure out what computer you were using. That's why MacTracker is part of the Leopard Market. ;)

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Because of the way the Leopard Market works, that wouldn't be easy. The Leopard Market is pretty much a little web browser. Everything you see in the main window is a webpage (for example, the "Featured" page is a webpage). When you browse the internet, not all details about your computer are given to the other end. So, the Leopard Market would not be able to figure out what computer you were using. That's why MacTracker is part of the Leopard Market. ;)

Ahh I wasn't aware it was heavily web based that's fair enough. Web based hardware readers always use Java and there's no point going down that road on PPC in 2016Q

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.