Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taofkebxo

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
If I use my iPad with my hands which are very dry and cracked and sometimes bleeding a little on the top of my hand in the winter time will it cause liquid damage to the iPad?

• Haha
Reactions: Precursor

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Since bleeding implies broken skin which can lead to infection have you considered using a skin conditioner to get rid of the dryness and fissures?

If you notice a fissure which might bleed you can always use super glue to seal it up.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
Note, if your hands are that dry, you might have trouble using the touchscreen. During winter, I often need to use cream on my hands otherwise the iPad wouldn't recognize my touch.

Note, if you use too much cream the screen will be too dirty to accurately trace finger or pencil input. ;)

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Note, if you use too much cream the screen will be too dirty to accurately trace finger or pencil input. ;)

Nah, I'm using a fancy one (same I use for the face) that absorbs very quickly. The packaging is a pump-style jar so it's actually hard to overdo it (I just use 1 pump). ;)

Besides, fingerprint haze has always been an issue for me on iPads with laminated display. I could clean them and within 15 minutes of use, they're dirty again (no lotion/cream, just normal finger oils).

The non-laminated iPads seem to have more effective oleophobic coating.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Use this before you go bed and it will make a world of difference with your hands!

Reactions: Taofkebxo

Saturn007

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Try Lotil. It's a bit pricey, but goes a long way and works marvels for many people.

Also, reconsider what type of soap you are using. Lots of cracks on fingers are due to using harsh or anti-bacterial soaps that dry out the hands excessively.

Precursor

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2015
Istanbul
Try Lotil. It's a bit pricey, but goes a long way and works marvels for many people.

Also, reconsider what type of soap you are using. Lots of cracks on fingers are due to using harsh or anti-bacterial soaps that dry out the hands excessively.
Also lack of vitamin B

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I get paper cuts on my knuckles during the cold months, but your condition must be more severe.

Norwegian Formula Neutrogena is brilliant for dry skin. ??

Reactions: Precursor

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
If your hands are bleeding so much that the blood damages your iPad, you have waaaay bigger problems than a damaged iPad.

That is to say, no, unless you are gushing blood, it shouldn't be a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.