Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bopajuice

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I read a lot of articles about how Apple is no longer innovating, how they have lost sight of the big picture, how now all they do is incremental updates to existing designs. Some say their products are outdated. Some complain about features missing from a new product.

I would like to hear about some of your ideas. What kind of phone would you like to see? What kind of laptop? Desktop, tablet?

Personally I would like to see a mini style computer that is upgradable. Maybe a mini-itx sized enclosure you could add graphics cards to, hard drives, memory, etc. Something customizable. Many people want to create media servers. Apple MacOS gaming machines. Maxed out editing machines.

There are so many things Apple could do to make it's products more satisfying for customers.

I used to complain about price, but I think at this point it's pretty settled that Apple customers will pay a premium.

What say you?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I read a lot of articles about how Apple is no longer innovating, how they have lost sight of the big picture, how now all they do is incremental updates to existing designs. Some say their products are outdated. Some complain about features missing from a new product.

I would like to hear about some of your ideas. What kind of phone would you like to see? What kind of laptop? Desktop, tablet?

Personally I would like to see a mini style computer that is upgradable. Maybe a mini-itx sized enclosure you could add graphics cards to, hard drives, memory, etc. Something customizable. Many people want to create media servers. Apple MacOS gaming machines. Maxed out editing machines.

There are so many things Apple could do to make it's products more satisfying for customers.

I used to complain about price, but I think at this point it's pretty settled that Apple customers will pay a premium.

What say you?

if this was a mini sized device, then wouldn't be be heavier and bigger than current Mac's ? Perhaps we don;t care for that and we'd rather instead going back to the old ways of bigger and room for upgrade-ability

Topfry

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2011
A rethought airport extreme, with modular range extenders and strong emphasis on homekit and siri.
I think there has been a huge gap in the product line for this.
Also a 'nano' apple watch, just for fitness, health and notifications. No big lcd sreen, bluetooth 5 and 6 months battery life. These are both products currently possible.
[doublepost=1481208991][/doublepost]Also id like to see an ipad pro that works together or independently, with a desktop quality docking station that boosts its processor power in docking mode.

Reactions: bopajuice

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
For the iPhone: I would try to eliminate the plastic bands for the wireless reception, they are very ugly, i would research in an alternative solution. I would look for a better place for the speakers and ambient sensors because while gaming on landscape mode you can hear the sounds, maybe putting them under the screen, i don't know. I will kill the current iPhone line, making a only 5" device in a compact from factor. Having only one model would reduce costs and would make them more affordable and reliable. No more "Premium crap" and "Premium" differentiation.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
For the iPhone: I would try to eliminate the plastic bands for the wireless reception, they are very ugly, i would research in an alternative solution. I would look for a better place for the speakers and ambient sensors because while gaming on landscape mode you can hear the sounds, maybe putting them under the screen, i don't know. I will kill the current iPhone line, making a only 5" device in a compact from factor. Having only one model would reduce costs and would make them more affordable and reliable. No more "Premium crap" and "Premium" differentiation.

http://www.techentice.com/what-are-...c-that-run-in-back-of-iphone-6-iphone-6-plus/

Plastic is easier to go though. I would guess placing then anywhere "further" away like under the screen would reduce/block the signal more.. Similar to the way a car mount would get best signal if u had professional installation done, and antenna was on the windshield or high up.

When I had a install done with my old non-smart phone, i chose that method only.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
To difficult to answer since just about all their computers could use a rework. The AE and TC should be reworked to be part of a real eco system that might do a bit more and coordinate with home kits better (rather than Apple killing off the AE).

Perhaps some apps should be visited again and in particular - MAIL. It offers less than a 10 year old version of Outlook.

Apple should go look at the HP Z workstation to see how a Mac Pro should be built on the inside.
Apple should go look at the HP Z "mini" computer to learn how to do a Mac Mini or at least be inspired.

The list goes on...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.