Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wiencon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
If you're like me and you travel a lot by train, or bus you might not always recognize railway stations or tell quickly how far is your stop, so you start nervously checking the time and position on the map.

With Glarm you can set alarm to ring, let's say 30 kilometres from your destination and in the meantime, take a nap, or watch a movie without worrying about missing the stop.

To be honest, you can use stock reminders for this purpose as well, but I always thought that the location reminders are just an add-on to that app and it's not very intuitive to create one. Meanwhile, Glarm's only purpose is to make scheduling such alerts a breeze so the interface is very straightforward and offers everything you need to quickly create an alarm and forget about it. You can also add alarms to favorites so they don't disappear after time.

Also, one of the most important differences is that stock Reminders app will only play a short sound when entering the location, while Glarm can play 30 seconds ringtone so you surely won't miss the alarm.

Glarm does not track your location outside of the app, iOS does that in the background which results in minimal battery consumption and keeps your privacy safe.

Also, I realize the times are not the best for traveling, but hopefully we'll all get through this and get back to normal way of life as soon as possible. Stay safe!

Get it for free on the App Store!

1.png

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Stupid question does it work in the US too ?

Sorry.

I normally have someone with me to tell me when we are almost there but when I don't this should be helpful if it works in the US. Guessing it does but wanted to make sure.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Wiencon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
Stupid question does it work in the US too ?

Sorry.

I normally have someone with me to tell me when we are almost there but when I don't this should be helpful if it works in the US. Guessing it does but wanted to make sure.
It sure does! In fact it would work anywhere in the world, you can switch between meter and mile unit lengths if you wish

Reactions: max2 and DeepIn2U

Wiencon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
I just released new update and I'm so stoked about it! Version 3.0 completely overhauls the underlying processes and makes Glarm even less power-hungry and lets you sync your alarms between iCloud devices.

And it now comes with Widgets too:

Glarm 8 widget.png

You should try it today, it's free!
‎Glarm on the App Store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.