Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Well, not in a photography magazine or anything. It's actually by STA, the student-based travel agency that only caters to uni students.

I've been told that one of my photos will be used for poster(s) and or advertisements of some sort, and that I have $200 to spend at STA for any flights or vacations I want!! :D

Just bought a $2000 flight to Japan near Xmas time though. Why didn't I get this voucher 3 weeks ago when I needed it!! :eek:

Still stoked though. :) I submitted a few photos to them, so I really don't know which one they chose. It would be a great surprise if I walked in there one day and saw my photo on a poster!

shawsinio

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
UK
Nice work! It's great when you put effort into something and someone else see's something in it, satisfaction!

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Well, not in a photography magazine or anything. It's actually by STA, the student-based travel agency that only caters to uni students.

I've been told that one of my photos will be used for poster(s) and or advertisements of some sort, and that I have $200 to spend at STA for any flights or vacations I want!! :D

Just bought a $2000 flight to Japan near Xmas time though. Why didn't I get this voucher 3 weeks ago when I needed it!! :eek:

Still stoked though. :) I submitted a few photos to them, so I really don't know which one they chose. It would be a great surprise if I walked in there one day and saw my photo on a poster!
cool! i'm doing a similar contest for a door manufacturing company. $250 per shot. anyway, congrats!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
It is for me! :p

The funny thing is that I took almost all of those photos with either a 2 MP Canon A60, or my 4 MP Canon IXUS 40, since most of my travelling was done before I got my DSLR (ie: when DSLRs were like $3000 and up). Hell, I remember buying the Canon A60 2 MP ---- it broke the bank!

Most of my travel photos were taken using film cameras. I guess I could have had the photos I took using a film camera scanned, but they're in Canada and I don't know where I put them. :eek: (I also wasn't very good, although I remember spending a LOT more time composing my shots than I do now. I didn't have a lot of money, so I really tried to stretch those 10 or so rolls of film as far as they'd go).

I think most people entering contests that involves travel and being in different places would have similar trouble. How many countries have you been in with a digital camera? I'm trying to count, but it's not very many. Maybe 6 countries.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
Sounds awesome!!!

I saw some really cheap/cool trips they are offering to Asia/Southeast Asia. I am really tempted and should probably take advantage of it as long as I still can. We'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.