Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daringescape

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2003
CA
Im looking at getting this flash for my Canon Rebel: Rokninon ETTL AF Dedicated Flash

Does anyone know anything about it? I cant find any reviews on it.

its pretty cheap like 50 bucks....is it worth it?

Attachments

• P10828421.jpg
    P10828421.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 266

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
looks kinda sketchy, but light is light, hey? first off, it's ETTL, not ETTL II, which means it's a less sophisticated flash exposure system. you also want to check to the guide number and see if it's powerful enough for you. if you don't mind either of these factors, this would certainly seem to be a nice bargain for light use.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
This gun is sold under a number of low-cost brands world-wide. I suppose the best you can say for it is that it works - it won't give you as accurate exposure control as a Canon gun, but it'll be fairly okay.

Build quality isn't the best either - if you're going to be using it for serious photography, or will be using it a LOT, then i'd say save up and buy something better. For occasional non-critical photography, though, it'll do fine.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I'm totally in over my head with my flash. I bought a 580EX II. It's amazing, after a make all the adjustments. But I bought it primarily to shoot a party after a wedding I'm doing in a few weeks, and I can't seem to get the right exposure on the first try, or even the second or third. Is there some auto option I'm missing?
Like, how you can choose shutter priority on the camera and it sets the aperture for you, and vice versa-- can I do this with the flash? Set the shutter speed and aperture I want, and let the flash decide how much light I need?

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
I'm totally in over my head with my flash. I bought a 580EX II. It's amazing, after a make all the adjustments. But I bought it primarily to shoot a party after a wedding I'm doing in a few weeks, and I can't seem to get the right exposure on the first try, or even the second or third. Is there some auto option I'm missing?
Like, how you can choose shutter priority on the camera and it sets the aperture for you, and vice versa-- can I do this with the flash? Set the shutter speed and aperture I want, and let the flash decide how much light I need?

Wow, Chris... way to not hijack the thread. But, yes getting into flash is a bit rough. Start somewhere in here, and then if you still have Q's, please ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.