Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Percauious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
Hello I have a Imac g5 1gb of ram 500gb hdd its the 17inch model it has the dvd burner in it. it's not the isight model. I'm new to mac just trying to get this thing up and running. I replaced the pram battery I reset the pram. I have a windows wireless keyboard and mouse that I got finally working. when I turn imac on it goes to a grey apple screen then blue then to a language menu. Then it starts loading firewall internet and printer connections which takes forever then after that it goes to a screen that I can pick systems prefences or quit. Either one I pick does nothing can someone please help

Percauious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
I recommend you post to the PowerPC Macs section of this site. If anyone can help you out with your PPC iMac those guys can.
[doublepost=1534290048][/doublepost]I figured it out I needed to install os X on a USB it's running fine now thanks for replying I'm sure once I start messing around with this machine I'll be back to do more research

Reactions: Traace

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Glad you got it sorted out.
Good to see even an old Mac up-and-running... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.