Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fedemanz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2017
Hi guys, I wanted to ask you about the following problem that has me crazy for 1 month. I have a IMAC, SN:W80254H8DB7, mid 2010 i3,4g Ram, 1tb hhd . It worked perfectly, I decided to update it and change the disk for an SSD and change the memory by 16gb.
Once these parts were installed, I started to install the OSX .. (initially H.Sierra) but I could not do it, since the installation started perfectly from a bootable pendrive that I had created, to the partition in MAC OS PLUS JOURNALED, then I proceeded to the installation, it started the process perfectly once it was finished, the equipment was restarted and instead of continuing with the installation the equipment returned to the beginning of the installation screen. (when I talk about the installation screen I am referring to the first screen that appears when we start a clean installation, where we must select the language and continue). After this I gave next to the language screen and enter the disk utilities, where I can see that the disk has 3gb occupied .. what I suspect that something of the installation was decompressed in the disk. I have tried a thousand ways and the installation to restart is back to the beginning. I tried the L. Sierra, captain, maverick and the same thing happens to me. Even with the mountain lion (except this last one I have another problem that I solve by correcting the date of the computer) I went back to the previous memories, I went back to the previous disk and the problem persists.
I also want to comment that I desperately took out the SSD and put it in a Macbook pro that I have and ran the installer from there, as it was supposed the installer ran perfectly, then wait for the installation to reach the point where I have to connfigure the user data Mac and there turn off the computer disconnect the disk and put it in the imac, when I did this the imac started and left with the screen blank, so this method did not work either. I'm desperate and I do not know what else to do. I want to clarify that this is not the first time I install OSX, I did it many times I have the images of all the osx from the leopard to the high sierra, but this time I do not know what happens and I do not know what it can be. Thank your for your time.

nambuccaheadsau

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2007
Blue Mountains NSW Australia
Where did you get bHigh Sierra from?

Did you attempt to lo0ad the new format system APFS? If the download of HS was not from the App Store, the only legit place, maybe the new formatting system was not included in your download.

Everymac advise one must be running at least Mountain Lion to do an upgrade and your model is included in the green light for HS.

https://everymac.com/mac-answers/ma...1013-compatible-macs-system-requirements.html

fedemanz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2017
Where did you get bHigh Sierra from?

Did you attempt to lo0ad the new format system APFS? If the download of HS was not from the App Store, the only legit place, maybe the new formatting system was not included in your download.

Everymac advise one must be running at least Mountain Lion to do an upgrade and your model is included in the green light for HS.

https://everymac.com/mac-answers/ma...1013-compatible-macs-system-requirements.html

I Download HS from the apple store, APFS is included, I formatted in APFS and it is not installed either. As I tell you when the installation is finished and the imac has to be restarted instead of continuing with the installation, it starts again on the main screen

nambuccaheadsau

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2007
Blue Mountains NSW Australia
If you have Sierra on a boot drive, I would boot from that, format Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and install. If all is well do a simple upgrade to High Sierra from that thumb drive. If Sierra does not work back to the drawing board. How about running the HS install via the MBP and see if it will install completely that way.

If it does, throw it back into the iMac and cross fingers.

fedemanz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2017
If you have Sierra on a boot drive, I would boot from that, format Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and install. If all is well do a simple upgrade to High Sierra from that thumb drive. If Sierra does not work back to the drawing board. How about running the HS install via the MBP and see if it will install completely that way.

If it does, throw it back into the iMac and cross fingers.

I have tried what you say installing Sierra from a usb, and as I said above at the moment of restarting to continue with the installation, the installation starts from the beginning again is not continuing what I had already started. Regarding installing with the usb in the MBP I also did it, the installation concludes perfectly once concluded, I take out the SSD and place it again in the IMAC, the apple appears, the bar is loaded to the end and then a screen is left in white and from there it gets stuck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.