Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjvalotta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2022
I bought my first iMac whilst trapped inside during the pandemic. How was I to know the neighbor's leaf blower would smoosh the door into the screen and crack the glass only?? :oops: The screen works as intended it's just the glass. I have looked high and low on several continents. if anyone has any idea of where I could find it I'd be grateful. Again just the glass, not the full assembly.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
You're not likely to find one. Because trying to separate the glass from the screen (it's bonded) will probably result in damaging the screen. Either live with the crack or replace the entire assembly. (which will be expensive)

Reactions: TwoH

TwoH

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2019
You're not likely to find one. Because trying to separate the glass from the screen (it's bonded) will probably result in damaging the screen. Either live with the crack or replace the entire assembly. (which will be expensive)
Yeah. Practically impossible to ever find. And even if so -- good luck on separating the glass from the display, and then attaching the new one properly, and dust free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.