Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anjanesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Navi Mumbai
1. Can the 24" iMac M3 connect to a Dell 27" monitor (C2722DE) ?
2. If I connect it to the monitor via USB-C will the iMac charge like the way MBPs do ?
3. Does the iMac M3 have a dedicated graphics card ?

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
1. Yes, the iMac supports up to one external display.
2. Charge? The iMac doesn't have a battery. If you meant power the iMac, then no. Power is not accepted via USB-C.
3. No, none of the Apple Silicon Macs have a dedicated graphics card. If you need more graphical performance, look into Macs that have the M3 Pro or M3 Max.

Reactions: Chuckeee

anjanesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Thanks for your response - my one concern is if there's a power outage - power goes down in our area only 1-2 times a year - there isn't any real power concerns over here so far (yet). I normally leave laptops on even when I go out for a break. But I realize for a iMac I would've to power it off even if Im off to somewhere for 30 mins.

anjanesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Navi Mumbai
I gave away my 1KW UPS long back when the power in our area was available 24/7 whole year round. Its only when there's a serious situation when the power goes down.
If I don't get a UPS and if the iMac gets powered off due to a power disruption, will the iMac's MoBo go corrupt ?
This used to happen to my assembled machines way back in 2008.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I gave away my 1KW UPS long back when the power in our area was available 24/7 whole year round. Its only when there's a serious situation when the power goes down.
If I don't get a UPS and if the iMac gets powered off due to a power disruption, will the iMac's MoBo go corrupt ?
This used to happen to my assembled machines way back in 2008.
It won’t cause any damage, unless it does ;)

Pulling the plug & plugging it back in doesn’t really harm hardware (software/data can be a different story). But sometimes with power outages there are voltage issues (brown-outs/spikes) which could damage hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.