Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hughamugga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2021
Hello! I have an imac late 2013 that I would like to use as a monitor for the M1 mac mini. I have read so much conflicting advice as to whether this is possible, including downgrading my OS so i can use TDM etc. Is there anyone out there that can give me a real answer including what cables I would need if it is? I am in dire straights with a build up of work to finish and not a huge amount of cash to buy a new decent monitor at the moment and stressed!! Thanks in advance!

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
Hello! I have an imac late 2013 that I would like to use as a monitor for the M1 mac mini. I have read so much conflicting advice as to whether this is possible, including downgrading my OS so i can use TDM etc. Is there anyone out there that can give me a real answer including what cables I would need if it is? I am in dire straights with a build up of work to finish and not a huge amount of cash to buy a new decent monitor at the moment and stressed!! Thanks in advance!

nope i asked this be for when I had my 2019 iMac it’s not possible you need to buy your self a new Monitor set up for your Mac mini M1

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I don't think it will work, see this:

Hughamugga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2021
Thanks to you both...i think i knew that was the truth but I didn’t want to believe it! Now i have to work out what display is best for design work. Thanks again

Reactions: Boyd01
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.