Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conitor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2017
Does anyone know if B&H ships orders of iMacs inside a brown box or bare with the Apple iMac packaging displayed?

Opes

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2008
I am pretty sure that as an AAR they are required to ship the products in their shipping boxes, so there should be a brown box surrounding it. But just give them a call to be sure.

iono11200

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
I am pretty sure that as an AAR they are required to ship the products in their shipping boxes, so there should be a brown box surrounding it. But just give them a call to be sure.
[doublepost=1511325834][/doublepost]Can't speak for iMac's, but I just received a Bose Solo 15 Series 2 TV sound system from them today and it was inside a brown box.

Miss_Mac

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2017
B&H sent my iMac in a brown shipping box. OP, you may want to call, but I would be surprised if that changed from 2015.

conitor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2017
Why not call and ask them?

Yes, I plan too but I like to hear from the community and what people actually experience. I called a different retailer and they gave me a vague answer "We ship items the way it was submitted to us"...which ultimately means they ship in manufacturer's packaging. However, with Apple's attention to detail they might send it to the retailer in a form fitting brown box to protect the packaging.

Last edited:

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
Just received a MBP from B&H.

The MacBook was shipped in Apple's brownbox shipping which was packed inside another B&H brown box.

I hope that answers your question.

ajmichmac

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2018
N.E. Michigan
They shipped mine inside a heavy brown box, oddly shaped (just like the interior/Apple box). Packing materials and boxes weigh 18 pounds!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.