Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nkl984

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
Hello!
I will post this maybe anyone can help a bit because I don’t know too much about iMacs.

Today when using my iMac Pro T2 chip, (macos Big Sur 11.6.2) suddently freezed and after that restarted. The panic report said: “macos Panic Data not available.” I switched off the machine after that to try having os diagnosing the computer maybe something’s wrong with it.
When I started the computer and pressed the “D” key, it got me into internet recovery and not into diagnosing mode.
Since then I cannot start it up normally, It continue restarting in a loop by itself until I see the apple logo and I cannot reinstall the OS with macos recovery or bootable big sur USB drive. No matter what I try, it continous restarting by itself until the apple logo and restart & restart, restart.

I cannot diagnose it I can only go into internet recovery mode with Cmd+ Option + R or with Cmd + Option + Shift + R but with Recovery after 30-50 min I got errors 2005F, 2003F & 1008F. I tried more than 7 times with internet recovery but no chance. If I try with USB bootable big sur when I select the usb bootable it restarts itself until the apple logo over & over again. (I have to keep the power button pressed for 10-20 seconds or to unplug it to stop restarting by itself and switch it off.

I really dont know what’s going on, I’m also out of warranty and I’ve read the iMac Pro reparing costs are as much as you buy another new one.
Can anyone help? Many thanks

Last edited:

nkl984

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
UPDATE:
After 13 hours, I have fixed it restoring the BridgeOS using the procedure above:

“Did a macOS Update Brick your T2 Mac? I will Show you how to Boot your Mac into DFU Mode so you can Restore BridgeOS.”

Note: the REVIVE option was not working but after that the RESTORE option worked and I managed to reinstall the factory came macos High Sierra using Command + Option + Shift + R
It seems that T2 chip bricked the machine.
iMac Pro, macos Big Sur 11.6.2

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.