Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjovale

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018
Hi guys,
what is the size of the iMac Pro box? The one that got delivered to your place, not the pretty "display" one.
Thanks a lot!

mcaswell

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2013
While I can't speak specifically for the iMac Pro (bought mine locally), the regular 2017 iMac that I bought last month for my wife shipped inside a brown box that exactly covered the "pretty" box (in other words, no additional padding, just small increase in size from the thickness of the cardboard itself).

rjovale

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018
While I can't speak specifically for the iMac Pro (bought mine locally), the regular 2017 iMac that I bought last month for my wife shipped inside a brown box that exactly covered the "pretty" box (in other words, no additional padding, just small increase in size from the thickness of the cardboard itself).

I see; could you please then tell me the size of the iMac Pro box (that you bought locally)?

maxq

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2014
Basingstoke, UK
The outer box for my iMac Pro is plain brown cardboard and measures as follows:

Height: 65cm (25.6")
Width: 79cm (31.1")
Thickess at base: 28cm (11.0")
Thickness at top: 18cm (7.1")

When viewed from the end it's wider at the base than it is at the top so it tapers in as you go up, hence the two measurements. The inner display box with the pictures and descriptions etc is slightly smaller than that as the outer box is made of quite thin cardboard, though it is in multiple layers in some places such as the ends. I could measure the display box too if needed, but as far as I could see it's the outer box you wanted to know about.

rjovale

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018

When viewed from the end it's wider at the base than it is at the top so it tapers in as you go up, hence the two measurements. The inner display box with the pictures and descriptions etc is slightly smaller than that as the outer box is made of quite thin cardboard, though it is in multiple layers in some places such as the ends. I could measure the display box too if needed, but as far as I could see it's the outer box you wanted to know about.
thanks!

rjovale

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018

one more question: would you also know the weight? the iMac Pro is 21.5 pounds; perhaps 30 pounds?

maxq

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2014
Basingstoke, UK
one more question: would you also know the weight? the iMac Pro is 21.5 pounds; perhaps 30 pounds?
I can't weigh it all now as the machine is obviously in use and the box is stored away, but according to UPS the shipping weight was 18.9kg (about 41.7 pounds).

OutbackOne

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2018
My package had the following specs (as listed by FedEx) 79x65x28 cm, 19 kg. As the iMac Pro as well as all macs are manufactured in China the packaging specs are in metric. A ruff conversion is 31.11x25.59x11.02 inch, 41.88 pounds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.