Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hack1nt0sh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Australia
My 2013 27" iMac running 10.12.2 is refusing to sleep on its own. Based on "pmset -g assertions" and activity monitor output, hidd seems to be the culprit. I am using BT Apple keyboard and mouse.

Even when I put it to sleep manually, the Thunderbolt Promise Pegasus R4 RAID array doesn't shutdown automatically, the way it used to before. This problem might have started a few months ago even before 10.12.2 update.

The only changes, I can recall since it used to sleep without issues are as follows:
- Apple replaced the internal hard disk of this iMac under one of the replacement program.
- Upgraded to 10.12

I have already reset SMC and deleted all printers. How do I diagnose it further?

macmee

Suspended
Dec 13, 2008
Canada
can you open terminal and run:

syslog |grep -i "Wake reason"

and paste the full results here? I often have this exact same problem where something begins to prevent sleep, and usually the answer to what keeps the iMac awake is within these logs ^ usually it's a peripheral keeping the iMac awake erroneously, or some software I'm running doing something stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.