Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dankunja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
I recently bought a 2010 iMac which has a yellow tint in the bottom third of the screen. Calibrating the display helped a little but I was wondering if it is possible to calibrate only a portion of the display?

Is it possible to create some kind of filter that only applies to the bottom third of the screen?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 2,537

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I recently bought a 2010 iMac which has a yellow tint in the bottom third of the screen. Calibrating the display helped a little but I was wondering if it is possible to calibrate only a portion of the display?

Is it possible to create some kind of filter that only applies to the bottom third of the screen?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Did you look at the computer before you purchased it? It seems that there was a yellow tint issue with the 2010 iMacs: http://www.macworld.com/article/1146754/yellow_imac.html. My suggestion, if you can return it do so.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
That's pretty bad, you're never going to be able to calibrate that away. No you can't just calibrate a portion of the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.