Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Hello,

I updated my Mac to sequoia and my phone to iOS 18. When I import my photos off my phone using image capture it appears that there are a lot more files generated than normal. When I took a video on iOS 17 and the past version of macOS and tapped the white circle on my phone to take a picture while taking a video, image capture would show one movie file and 1 jpg file (well 1 jpg file each time I pressed the white circle to take a photo). After updating my Mac and phone, image capture now shows 1 movie file (img1233.mov), img1234.jpg, imgE1234.jpg, and img1234.aae. Each time I take a photo while taking a video it generates an extra .jpg and .aae file. Has anyone else experienced this?

It is a little strange as image capture will show 650 items to import, my phone will say there are only 510 items, when I import to a folder finder will say 760 items in that folder, then importing everything to the photos app on my Mac will say 510 items imported.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.