Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joro

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
I was contemplating going to this convention because it seems like they have some good classes and speakers this year plus it’s close to me here in NC. Has anyone here gone to one before and can tell me whether it’s worth it?

http://www.imagingusa.org/

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I've never gone but I know a few who have and really seem to enjoy it. Honestly, if this is your craft then it is worth every penny usually.

I like to google speakers and such to see if they do anything outside of these type of conventions. There is nothing worse than being taught by someone who has the theory of photography nailed but hasn't made a decent picture in decades.

PS I want to go. :eek:

joro

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
I've never gone but I know a few who have and really seem to enjoy it. Honestly, if this is your craft then it is worth every penny usually.

I like to google speakers and such to see if they do anything outside of these type of conventions. There is nothing worse than being taught by someone who has the theory of photography nailed but hasn't made a decent picture in decades.

PS I want to go. :eek:

It doesn’t seem too bad – it’s $323 for a one year PPA membership and the conference access. Although I was looking and there are some pre-conference classes I would be interested that run around $199 extra.

And I agree with you about the instructors but it does look like they have a good lineup this year including Dane Sanders who's book Fast Track I absolutely love!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.