Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nemvu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2020
Trying imazing.

1. Can someone explain if I am able to see/access the ‘files folder app’ in imazing that is located ‘on my iPhone’?

I noticed a ‘files’ folder (blue) in datasets panel but it is empty. I also see it in online tutorials, however I have yet to find any reference to it yet? Can I backup that folder through imazing? Access to copy/export documents to pc? Not sure that is the folder or something else?

2. If I export notes etc from imazing backup to my pc, can they be imported back to the iPhone at some point in a usable format other than txt or pdf? I read that some file types can be exported as a readable file but might not be able to be imported back to phone in a readable format? Is this one of those file types?

3. Can you swap bookmarks between browsers with imazing?

tips/suggestions for a new imazing member?

thanks.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Idk the answer of other questions but “on your iPhone” is not exposed to third party device management software afaik. You need to move those files to “iTunes files” folder created by third party file manager on your device before it can be seen by iMazing.

Nemvu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2020
Idk the answer of other questions but “on your iPhone” is not exposed to third party device management software afaik. You need to move those files to “iTunes files” folder created by third party file manager on your device before it can be seen by iMazing.

hi. Where would I find the iTunes files folder? Thanks.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
1. Get Documents by Readdle (free on AppStore), move everything to iTunes folder in it and export it with iMazing. Regarding accessing "On my iPhone" folder -- better ping their sup, reply time is quite fast.
2. Nope, just as PDF to iBooks or some file manager. If you want to import them back as notes, import the PDF to Notes app on a Mac, then sync them through Finder (don't remember if possible actually) or iCloud.
3. No. Bookmarks are available only from a backup if not mistaking. But you can try exporting them as HTML, there was some way to import it in Chrome if not mistaking.

Tips:
  • Change the backup location to a NAS/external drive from start, or to another local disk that has a lot of space.
  • DO NOT move the backup location manually, this will break incremental backups.
  • Ping sup if you have any questions, they reply fast and usually don't reply as robots with some generic stuff (fails happen though, but usually fixed in the next email :) ).

Nemvu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2020
1. Get Documents by Readdle (free on AppStore), move everything to iTunes folder in it and export it with iMazing. Regarding accessing "On my iPhone" folder -- better ping their sup, reply time is quite fast.
2. Nope, just as PDF to iBooks or some file manager. If you want to import them back as notes, import the PDF to Notes app on a Mac, then sync them through Finder (don't remember if possible actually) or iCloud.
3. No. Bookmarks are available only from a backup if not mistaking. But you can try exporting them as HTML, there was some way to import it in Chrome if not mistaking.

Tips:
  • Change the backup location to a NAS/external drive from start, or to another local disk that has a lot of space.
  • DO NOT move the backup location manually, this will break incremental backups.
  • Ping sup if you have any questions, they reply fast and usually don't reply as robots with some generic stuff (fails happen though, but usually fixed in the next email :) ).
Thanks. I’ll follow your post and update if I (and will) have additional questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.