Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vampire14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Newcastle, Australia, NSW
Hi all
I was cleaning up pictures, stickers & written text in two contacts after we had been testing out the new effects & apps within iMessage. I have the iPhone 6 - just replaced a week ago due to LCD shadow screen issues. All been running smoothly in this time.

Looking back I do recall that when I went to bulk delete the images etc in the info view they appeared to be deleted. However when I return to their messages a few were still there. So I deleted them again in the iMessage screen.

Now when I go back to these two contacts, I can't load older messages. It basically only loads messages from the day I deleted (which was Wednesday for one contact & Thursday for the other). However when I go back into the information i can see pictures that were sent to me over a year ago.

All other contacts I can access older iMessage history in their screens. I haven't done the double up delete just in case this is part of the issue!!

Anyone else have this issue? Any fixes or ideas on what's happening?

Vampire14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Newcastle, Australia, NSW
Update on my issue:

I tried to delete some of the messages in the two contacts, & as i deleted a text box or images, i was able to retrieve like 3-4 previously hidden messages.

Strange behaviour indeed!

Perhaps it is a bug that needs ironing out.

Fingers crossed that i don't have this issue creep into other contacts!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.