Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chri501

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2017
for what good reason has apple dropped the ball yet again on a basic function of a phone.

Why does your drafted message get erased if you leave the messages app. so much for multitasking and switching between apps and the phone being able to do that..... clearly it can't. drafted messages get erased if you leave to check safari for something or do anything similar.

enough is enough with the knuckle dragging mouth breathers at apple. pull yourself together apple. this is pretty basic stuff

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
for what good reason has apple dropped the ball yet again on a basic function of a phone.

Why does your drafted message get erased if you leave the messages app. so much for multitasking and switching between apps and the phone being able to do that..... clearly it can't. drafted messages get erased if you leave to check safari for something or do anything similar.

enough is enough with the knuckle dragging mouth breathers at apple. pull yourself together apple. this is pretty basic stuff
Are you talking about a message you are typing up in an existing conversation or starting a new one that doesn't exist yet? In either scenario, it seems like my typed up messages that haven't been sent get saved if I leave the Messages app, and even if I manually close the app and then later open it. I even had a reply typed up in an existing conversation a week or so ago and forgot about it, and went into the conversation a day ago and was surprised by the typed up message I left there, and this is all after the phone has already been restarted at least once if not more than that in the last week.

What device and iOS version in particular are we talking about in your case?

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
In either scenario, it seems like my typed up messages that haven't been sent get saved if I leave the Messages app, and even if I manually close the app and then later open it.

I get the same behavior as well. I think the OP calling Apple knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers may be a bit premature. :D

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I get the same behavior as well. I think the OP calling Apple knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers may be a bit premature. :D

Same here. I've owned the iPhone 4s, 5, 6+, and 6s+.... along with 3 iPads. It's always done this for me too. In fact, most 3rd party apps do this ..... Hangouts, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc...

Not sure what world the OP is in but... oh it's a newbie. Alrighty, moving on.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.