Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zTakotak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2018
Hello guys, I've got an issues since yesterday, where whenever I send a message to one contact, he doesn't have any notifications or sounds or anything that can prevent him from me sending him a message.
He has to go to his messages and to get in the chat so he can see them.
From my point of view, i'm sending a messages at any moments, it's directly being read as if the contact was constantly in the chat. I've checked his phone messages notifications and mine, everything is okay, I can send message to other contact without an issue and so does he.
Any tips?
Thank's

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
Hello guys, I've got an issues since yesterday, where whenever I send a message to one contact, he doesn't have any notifications or sounds or anything that can prevent him from me sending him a message.
He has to go to his messages and to get in the chat so he can see them.
From my point of view, i'm sending a messages at any moments, it's directly being read as if the contact was constantly in the chat. I've checked his phone messages notifications and mine, everything is okay, I can send message to other contact without an issue and so does he.
Any tips?
Thank's

Are alerts hidden for “you” in his conversation list? Have him go to his conversation list in messages and swipe left on your name. If it says “show alerts,” that means they are hidden. Have him tap “show alerts” to start getting alerts/notifications again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.