Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjhouston

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2018
Situation: I have a work macbook but company has a policy of employees using their personal icloud credentials on work computer. I am receiving imessages from my personal cellphone on my macbook over company wifi mostly for the convenience of keeping in touch with family during the day. Question: Can my company read the personal conversations going on with my family? I'm just curious because there are some health related things going on with family members that I haven't disclosed at work.

Glmnet1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2017
iMessage uses end-to-end encryption so it would be very hard to intercept conversations on the network.

You're using your own iCloud account so again they can't login with it on another device and read your conversations.

I think that the only way they could realistically read it is if they have access to your user on the MacBook.

Sorry for the health issue, I hope your family member gets better.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
If you work for the NSA or the CIA - hell yeah! If you work for someone who is not a 3-letter federal agency, not likely.

Reactions: Glmnet1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.