Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mprodan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2016
Hi All,

I just started up the newly installed iMovie 10.1.8. Upon opening one of my latest projects something is wrong. The audio in the project is playing too slow and large chunks of the audio clip were erased. The entire clip still exists in the green bar, only big sections of it show no waveform and the audio is gone. This particular project took me 2 months to put together.

Any thoughts out there on what I can do?

mprodan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2016
Can you replace the audio with the originals?

Thanks! Yes I tested that and I can put the original audio back in. It's just frustrating that an upgrade hacked the project all up. I had to piece together some of the audio and didn't do it separately. I just had them positioned on the timeline. I guess I should use Garage Band in the future and make the audio one long clip.

Trusteft

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2014
Thanks! Yes I tested that and I can put the original audio back in. It's just frustrating that an upgrade hacked the project all up. I had to piece together some of the audio and didn't do it separately. I just had them positioned on the timeline. I guess I should use Garage Band in the future and make the audio one long clip.
I have never used imovie in my life, but, perhaps keeping backups before you do any upgrades of the software is something you may want to consider. Good luck.

mprodan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2016
I have never used imovie in my life, but, perhaps keeping backups before you do any upgrades of the software is something you may want to consider. Good luck.

I didnt know that you could keep backups of software that the system installs automatically. Is that an easy process??

Trusteft

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2014
I didnt know that you could keep backups of software that the system installs automatically. Is that an easy process??
Read what I typed more carefully. :)
I didn't say backup of the software, I said backup of the work (video files etc).
I don't know if you can keep backup of the software (iMovie in this case).
Someone else might know better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.